Technology Essay Example and Overall Academic Writing Hints
No one can deny that we’re living in a highly technological world. Every invention today becomes a hit; people measure their status by their favorite Apple devices, and studying IT is a must in any educational institution. Sooner or later, our world will remind the one shown in “Matrix” or other fantastic movies. It’s just the matter of time.
Most probably, as a student, you may face the need to write an essay on technology. There are many types of technology but, perhaps, Information Technologies is the most popular sphere. Humanitarian classes’ students should not worry about technological papers. Their colleagues, instead, may be forced to prepare a technical documentation one day. That is why writing is a universal skill required by any profession.
A technology paper has a wide variety of topics. There are many questions left without answers so that you may play with it. However, in case your essay should not be creative, you must write about the technological condition today using the evidence from the recently published sources. Only sources that were published since 2010 will work as technology is a rather dynamic topic. Look only for the fresh data. It might be useful to view the latest news and threats on social networks.
No matter whether your teacher assigns the topic or you must pick one, research is required. In technology paper, it is important to focus on the quantitative data instead of qualitative. Use such primary resources to find facts and specific figures as:
- Scientific magazines
- Academic journals
- Technical documentation
A technology paper should reflect what the writer knows. This way, it is possible to save a plenty of time on a research. Think about what you know the best. Perhaps, you’re an expert in social networks, operations systems or mobile applications. This type of assignment always involves specific terminology. If you don’t understand the meaning of a certain word, it is better to look up in the dictionary or simply remove it. This way, you will avoid the confusing situation.
If you’re good at medicine, healthcare, and nursing, compose a paper on nanotechnology. Explain what it is, how it is applied, its benefits, etc. Students are also encouraged to write about technology as one whole, the latest innovations and origins, forecasts for the future and some recommendations. Keep in mind that most of the educators do not like broad topics.
Fields where one can use technology essay example
You may use the following fields related to technology and alternatives for your academic paper:
- Manufacturing Industries
- Information Technology (IT)
- Computer Science
- Online Security/Safety Issues
- Special Programs & Applications
- Operational System (OS)
- Mobile Platforms
- Data Storage and Management
- PC Hardware
- The Web and Mobile Design and Development
The last point is especially curious for the young people who study Arts. The Fashion Institute of Technology often has essays related to the field of web design & development. No matter how good you are when it comes to technologies, you should write the paper using words that an average human will interpret correctly unless your teacher demands the usage of complex terminology and specific language. Your technology essay may even contain numbers and formulas. Make sure to interpret them properly.
You may also face the technology-related question in one of the English proficiency tests like IELTS. A common question of the technology essay example would be:
When a country ABC develops technologically, the traditional approaches to solving the same problems are replaced. It makes no sense to use outdated methods. Do you support this idea or not? Explain your answer.
The main idea is to come up with a complete essay made of introduction, body paragraphs and conclusion. At the same time, it is critical to provide a specific answer to the question. There are topics which do not involve any question, so the response is the matter of your imagination.
There are more technology essay topics to choose from:
- Our world in 100 years from now
- The opportunities provided by technological progress
- Pros and cons of e-learning
- E-mails vs. traditional mailing
- The role of social networks in our life
- The consequences of online dating
- Is cloning possible?
Mobile optimization: Why is it necessary?
Ask a question
A Selection Of 22 Good Argumentative Essay Topics On Technology
A good argumentative essay should be able to present the writer’s views with facts, numbers, proof and reason backing it up. It should also leave room for others who wish to refute the writer’s claims, as long they also back up their claims with facts. In short, a good argumentative essay opens up a dialogue about different questions regarding society, ethics, medicine, and even technology. Below are 22 topics that allow an exchange of views and sentiments among peers.
- The increasing use of social media in personal, business and marketing fields. Is the use too much?
- Is the use of computers in schools as early as elementary schools a good thing?
- Is the growth of the use of Internet a good or bad thing
- Has the option of online studies decreased the value of face-to-face learning?
- Will video games be used as teaching tools in the future?
- Should people agree to the use of identity chips?
- Should the rapid rise in military/tactical technology be checked?
- The use of technology in organ transplantation
- Has the use of phones from a young age decreased the desire to go outside and have a face-to-face interaction?
- The use of technology to clone humans and animals
- Increasing role of robotics in our lives.
- Business’ sole reliance on technology. Is it too much?
- The use of drones to conduct projects outside of the military. Is it a good idea?
- The ability to use technology to create a disease-free child. Is that ethical?
- Has genetic testing on humans changed the way we tackle diseases in a good way?
- The possibility of our cars driving themselves. Is that a good thing for us?
- Should the rise in mental illnesses be blamed on the rise in the use of technology?
- Has technology changed the way that we look at books? Is this a good or bad thing?
- How young is too young to learn how to use a computer or to own a tablet?
- The increasing use of nanotechnology and how it could change our lives in the near future.
- Are we beginning to depend too much on our computers, tablets and smartphones?
- Is the use of genetically modified food good for our bodies? Will it become our primary source of nutrition? Will this be good for us?
When writing an argumentative essay, remember that it should open dialogue among peers. However, any opinion you set on paper should be backed up by some facts and proof. When having a discussion with your peers, be open to what they have to say on the topic as long they also back their words up with facts.