Salon Receptionist Cover Letter
Salon Receptionists are the first point of contact between a beauty parlor and its clients. Essential duties of a Salon Receptionist usually include the following: welcoming customers, promoting salon services, scheduling appointments, taking phone calls, keeping the reception area clean and organized, sending customers to the appropriate beauty expert, answering questions related to salon services, collecting payments, ordering supplies, and managing the cash register.
Successful candidates for a Salon Receptionist job should be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities throughout their cover letters:
- Customer service skills
- Courtesy and a friendly personality
- Knowledge of salon operation
- Problem-solving abilities
- Attention to details
- Computer competences
- Organization and planning
- Time management
- Being able to work under pressure
Similar Salon Receptionist job assets can be seen in the sample cover letter displayed just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Salon Receptionist Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Hernandez:
When I learned of your search for a courteous, enthusiastic, and professional Salon Receptionist to join your team at Regina’s Salon & Spa, I was eager to send you my resume for your review. If you are looking for a personable and organized individual with a commitment to meeting salon goals while providing an exceptional level of customer service, I invite you to consider the enclosed resume detailing my experience.
My background includes seven years of experience providing front desk support while greeting guests, recommending products and services, and responding effectively and professionally to customer inquiries. From scheduling appointments and recommending appropriate stylists based on clients’ goals to processing customer payments and maintaining a clean and welcoming reception area, I excel at prioritizing tasks, collaborating with peers, and ensuring superior guest experiences to maximize repeat business.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Managing salon appointments and creating an inviting and pleasant atmosphere for 150+ guests while promoting products, treatments, and services as a receptionist for Premiere Salon and Evergreen Salon & Spa in Portland, Oregon.
- Playing a key role in boosting product sales by 22% through product expertise, personalized recommendations, and customer education.
- Providing consistently outstanding guest service, leading to high levels of loyalty and referral business, as well as an uptick in multiple treatment bookings and product/service up-sells.
- Assisting in managing general salon operations and administration, including records management, HR support, and inventory control.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks while demonstrating top-level organization, interpersonal, and communication skills.
My skills in front desk reception and support for high-end salons position me to excel in this role, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The opportunity to offer more insight into my qualifications would be appreciated. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Josephine T. Leonard
Hair Stylist Cover Letter and Resume Examples
When you are applying for a job, the first thing the hiring manager sees is your cover letter, even before they take a look at your resume. To make sure they want to see that next page, you need to compose a cover letter that gets their attention and highlights a few relevant skills and experiences.
Your cover letter shouldn’t reiterate what is on your resume, but rather, call attention to a few details that make you perfect for the position.
Here's an example of a cover letter for a hair stylist position.
Hair Stylist Cover Letter Example
Your City, State, Zip Code
Your Phone Number
City, State, Zip Code
Dear Mr./Ms. Firstname Lastname,
I would like to express my strong interest in your hair stylist position at Shear Hair Salon. With years of experience as a hair stylist and colorist for a wide client base, I know my skill and versatility would make me an asset to your salon.
I have over five years of experience working as a hair stylist for a variety of people and hair types. I graduated from the ABC School of Hair Design and Cosmetology, where I gained over 1,000 hours of experience styling, coloring, and treating hair. I subsequently worked for four years at La Flor Hair Salon, where I honed my skills and also learned new treatments, including balayage and keratin treatments.
My clients recommend me to others for my skill and versatility.
You state in your job posting that you want a hair stylist who can also work part-time at the reception desk. Having worked as a receptionist for a spa and a hair salon, I am very comfortable communicating with clients both on the phone and in person.
Both clients and employers have praised my strong communication skills, and I am confident I can bring those skills to a position at your salon.
I have attached my resume and the two requested recommendations for your review. I will call your office next week to arrange a time to speak in person about my qualifications. Thank you for considering my application.
Your Signature (hard copy letter)
Hair Stylist Resume Example
This resume example for a hair stylist includes sections on education, related experience, and other experience. Because this applicant has limited work experience as a hair stylist, she includes jobs in which she developed related skills, including jobs in administrative and secretarial work.
If you do not have much experience in the industry in which you are applying for a job, include experiences (paid work, volunteer work, and internships) in which you developed skills that are applicable to the industry.
Home: 692-555-1234 Cell: 789-555-5432
6815 Randolph Avenue
Oak Park, IL 60302
ABC School of Hair Design Cosmetology, Chicago, IL, May 20XX
Spent over 1000 hours studying hair styling as well as color and treatments for certification
Received Award for Strongest Work Ethic with Certification
Oak Park River Forest High School, Oak Park, IL, May 20XX
Overall GPA 3.38
Clubs: Paint and Sketch Club, Theater, Yearbook Committee
Athletics: Gymnastics Squad Captain
Hair Stylist and Colorist,Swan Beauty Parlor, Chicago, IL
- Color and treat dozens of clients' hair weekly with state of the art techniques
- Introduced Brazilian Keratin treatment to the salon
- Schedule appointments for clients with myself and 18 other employees
- Selected Employee of the Month twice since start of employment for attention to detail and customer service
Hair Stylist,Sweet Dreams Beauty Salon, River Forest, IL
Summer 20XX-Fall 20XX
- Cut and styled hair, specializing in hairstyles for bridal and prom parties
- Responsible for waxing and threading
- Trained in applying Brazilian Keratin treatment
Assistant/Receptionist, Oak Park Beauty, Oak Park, IL
Fall 20XX-Summer 20XX
- Greeted and welcomed clients into the waiting area, serving coffee and tea as well as taking coats
- Scheduled clients' appointments with all employees
- Swept cut hair and cleaned shampooing stations
- Lead role in The Sound of Music, Spring 20XX
- Headed the Yearbook Committee Fall-Spring 20XX and designed the cover
- Designed and painted a mural on one side of Oak Park River Forest High School representing the city of Chicago as part of a fundraiser for Child Cancer Research, Spring 20XX
Sending an Email Cover Letter
If you're sending your cover letter via email, list your name and the job title in the subject line of the email message:
Subject: Hair Stylist Position - Your Name
Include your contact information in your email signature, and don't list the employer contact information. Start your email message with the salutation. Here's an example of a formatted email cover letter.
More Sample Cover Letters
Cover letter samples and templates for a variety of career fields and employment levels, including entry-level, targeted and email cover letters for many different jobs.
Please Note: This sample is provided for guidance only. The provided information, including samples and examples, is not guaranteed for accuracy or legality. Letters and other correspondence should be edited to fit your personal situation.